[open-sustainability] Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)

Adrien Labaeye adrienlabaeye at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 21:25:21 UTC 2013

Hi there,

This thread and previous one are of high interest to me. I've worked for a
while for ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainability. They also collect
climate data, but from cities/local governments. And they kind of compete
(sometime collaborate) with CDP in collecting cities data.

During my time there I advocated for open data and try to explore
crowdsourcing options for developing GHG emissions software. The main
reasons why I failed is 1) my limited technical skills to be able to make a
concrete convincing proposal; 2) the issue that some cities don't feel
comfortable in opening all their data; 3) the interrogation on how to
develop a business model with open data.
So now, what is there is this website where you will find only very
aggregated data in PDFs. Still it might of interest to some of you.
http://citiesclimateregistry.org/

Maybe this feeds this thread!

Kind regards,

Adrien