[open-sustainability] Delayed action raises costs of climate change, study says

Manchester Climate Monthly mcmonthly at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 21:27:51 UTC 2013

Kevin Anderson and Alice Bows of Manchester Tyndall Centre have done
extensive work on what it would take/have taken to keep below two degrees.

This slideshow, from July 2011 is a starting point. Things have gotten
bleaker since then, of course.

http://www.slideshare.net/DFID/professor-kevin-anderson-climate-change-going-beyond-dangerous

HMS Two Degrees - well, that ship has sailed, I'm afraid...

Marc Hudson
co editor of Manchester Climate Monthly
manchesterclimatemonthly.net

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>wrote:

> Happy New Year to you all!
>
> I thought this might be of interest to some of you:
>

> http://www.euractiv.com/climate-environment/delayed-action-raises-costs-clim-news-516847
>
> While modelling in this area is obviously very complicated, I've always
> wanted to be able to have a rough and ready sense of how different climate
> policies might help us to limit warming to below 2 degrees.
>
> Does anyone know of anything like this?
>
> All the best,
>
> Jonathan
>
> --
> Jonathan Gray <http://jonathangray.org/> | @jwyg <http://twitter.com/jwyg>
> The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org/> | @okfn<http://twitter.com/okfn>
> Support our work: okfn.org/support

Manchester Climate Monthly is an independent newsletter/magazine published
on the first Monday of every month.
The twelfth (December 2012) issue is out now.

http://manchesterclimatemonthly.net/2012/12/03/manchester-climate-monthly-12-december-2012-out-now/

It is also a frequently (daily) updated website -
http://manchesterclimatemonthly.net.
You can subscribe for free, via
http://manchesterclimatemonthly.net/about/subscribe/

MCFly is edited by Arwa Aburawa and Marc Hudson