[open-sustainability] [Cleanweb UK] Open UK weather data

Jason Neylon jason.neylon at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 21:16:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

I was discussing this today with someone at work and they suggested a
really interesting potential use case - analysing weather data and football
results to spot any interesting trends and impacts the weather has on a
team's performance.

I would never in a million years have thought of that - which is I guess
one of the key reasons we need to open up data like this.

Cheers,
Jason

On 20 March 2013 21:25, James Smith <james at floppy.org.uk> wrote:

>  Hi everyone,
>
> We've just published a blog post about a call for Open UK weather data. If
> you'd be interested in using this sort of data, either commercially or
> non-commercially, we'd encourage you to add your voice to the data request.
>
> See our blog post at
> http://www.cleanweb.org.uk/blog/2013/03/17/open-weather-data/ and the
> data.gov.uk benefits case at
> http://data.gov.uk/benefits-of-releasing-historical-ukmo-observation-data