[open-sustainability] Fwd: Future of food and open data: ODI research afternoon

Katelyn Rogers katelyn.rogers at okfn.org
Tue Nov 5 14:27:01 UTC 2013

HI Everyone,

This is all awesome and I would love to speak with you at some point about
linking up the OpenFoodFacts with Open Product Data. We are going to be
working with the US government over the next few months about encouraging
the FDA to work with manufactures, helping them opening up their data (we
have a connection in the gov that is interested and food data links up
nicely with Michelle Obama's obesity campaigning). There are some very
obvious parallels.

If you guys would like to speak at any point about collaborating or need
any support, please let me know. I am really interested in pushing the open
sustainability/food/product agenda. Also, I'll definitely go to that ODI
event so again, if you have anything you would like me to promote, let me
know.

Im almost always on skype (katelynjrogers) or hangouts if you want to chat.

Bonne Journee,
Katelyn

Katelyn Rogers

Working Groups Community Manager  | katelyn.rogers at okfn.org