[open-sustainability] Nike, the Materials Sustainability Index and the Open Database License

Wave wave at chrisadams.me.uk
Wed Oct 9 15:25:25 UTC 2013

Hello, Open Sustainability mailing list,

I came across the Nike Materials Sustainability Index API Documentation the other day:

http://nikemsiapi.nikebetterworld.com/

Interestingly, the data is available under an Open Database License.

There's some info explaining their methodology for creating the data here, and explaining the goals of the MSI:
http://assets.nikemakers.com/tumblr/public/Nike_MSI_summary.pdf

And there appears to be linked to this tumblr here:
http://nikemakers.com/

But I still can't work out if this is actually a useful resource yet, or just a slick microsite by an ad agency.

Is the data any use to people working outside this field?

Does anyone on the list know someone at W&K or Nike who could talk more about it?

Thanks,

Chris Adams

mob: 07974 368 229
tel: 0203 322 5777