[open-sustainability] Queensland environmental science open data showcase and competition launch

Jack Townsend jack at jacktownsend.net
Fri Feb 21 12:26:18 UTC 2014

Queensland Showcase and competition launch

Explore our environment and natural resource science data
Develop new ways to use, reuse and repurpose our science data

http://www.qld.gov.au/dsitia/assets/documents/science-open-data-flyer.pdf
Come along to the Science Open Data Showcase 2014 to explore our environment and natural resource science data.

Find out about the Science for Solutions open data competition, with $5000 in prizes available for ideas on new ways to use, reuse and repurpose our science data.

When: 9am–1pm, Saturday 22 February 2014
Where: Ecosciences Precinct, 41 Boggo Road, Dutton Park, Brisbane
Cost: Free
This is a free catered event and bookings are required. Reserve your space.

Please note: We will be filming this event and taking photographs, which will be published online. Please let the organisers know if you do not wish to be photographed, filmed or recorded.

Program

Keynote speaker—Dr Stefan Hajkowicz (Leader, CSIRO Futures) on the latest thinking about global megatrends focusing on open data, big data and the information economy; and what this technology disruptor could potentially mean for industry, government and society
Winning ideas—successful science based apps and new concepts
Competition launch
Science for Solutions—panel discussion on everyday challenges faced by Queenslanders, and the creative ways science data can be used to solve them
Networking and expo of science data, applications, sources, samples and specimens—get hands on and mix with environment and natural resource science leaders, data managers and enthusiasts
Morning tea and lunch—provided.
View the showcase flyer (PDF, 193KB).

Getting here

Bus: Dutton Park Busway is 100m walk to the Ecosciences Precinct. Lifts are available from all platforms.
Train: Park Road Station is on the Cleveland, Beenleigh and Gold Coast lines, and is 100m walk to the Ecosciences Precinct. Lifts are available from all platforms.
Parking: Available on Boggo Road, Joe Baker and Peter Doherty streets.
More information

Contact us at science.events at science.dsitia.qld.gov.au.

Our science datasets

View the DSITIA science datasets to be used in this competition.

Licence

Last updated