[open-sustainability] Errata: Hack the Town Hall and Energy and Environment Open Data Challenge

Manchester Climate Monthly mcmonthly at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 17:49:56 UTC 2014

Hi Jack,

I run Manchester Climate Monthly, and am a geek groupie, insofar as very
keen on the potential power of Open Data/Hackathons etc, but not a coder
myself.

I would LOVE to do an interview with you about the Hacking the Town Hall
thing in April...

Here's a couple of samples of Climate Monthly's reporting on related issues

http://manchesterclimatemonthly.net/2012/11/18/youtube-about-manchester-hackathon-musings-about-technology-and-climate-activism-mcrhack/

http://manchesterclimatemonthly.net/2013/09/11/whats-a-2050-future-look-like-you-do-the-maths-decc/

Marc Hudson

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 5:19 PM, Jack Townsend <jack at jacktownsend.net>wrote:

> Apparently the main link may not have been accessible on the Energy and
> Environment Open Data Challenge email. Here it is:
> http://www.nesta.org.uk/project/open-data-challenge-series/energy-environment
>
> Also, please note the date of the Hack the Town Hall event referred to in
> the flood data email has moved to *26/27 April* (not weekend before as
> stated)
>
> Jack
>

>    - April Hack the Town Hackathon
>    http://hackathoncentral.com/winners_spring_2013/ on flooding, disaster
>    and emergency preparedness and response by residents and local government
>

> Sat/Sun *26/27 April.*.
> Begins 09.00 Sat, ends 17.30 Sun
>  Google Campus
> 4/5 Bonhill Street
> London EC2A 4BX
>

> On 14 Feb 2014, at 16:13, Jack Townsend <Jack at jacktownsend.net> wrote:
>

> Our Energy + Environment Open Data Challenge has launched! Find out how to
> get involved!View this email in your browser<http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2a89897185e68e63a0b1c9a28&id=ed70f9cb2c&e=744c405380>
>
> *Dear Friend of the Energy + Environment Open Data Challenge,*
>

> Applications are open for the Energy and Environment Open Data Challenge<http://theodi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2a89897185e68e63a0b1c9a28&id=5d176f0111&e=744c405380>.
> We're also pleased to announce we will be holding the Challenge Weekend in
> Bristol in March and that Bristol City Council<http://theodi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2a89897185e68e63a0b1c9a28&id=81b9b00fb0&e=744c405380>
>  will be making available new open data for this Challenge.
>
> Challenge
> This Challenge invites teams including businesses, start-ups, social
> enterprises, community groups, academics, students and special interest
> groups to use open data to build services that support communities to
> either:
>
> 1.       Group buy their energy and save money;
>
> 2.       Undertake community based energy efficiency interventions; or
>
> 3.       Start to generate their own energy
>
> Take part
> To enter the challenge please read the background information <http://theodi.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=2a89897185e68e63a0b1c9a28&id=18e0ce408d&e=744c405380>here
> and then sign up toour participant platform<http://theodi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2a89897185e68e63a0b1c9a28&id=d665d7dc3c&e=744c405380>
> .
>
> Full details on how to apply as well as links to the datasets which we are
> highlighting are published here<http://theodi.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2a89897185e68e63a0b1c9a28&id=822d5d1fde&e=744c405380>.
> Open datasets have been collated in this Google Doc<http://theodi.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=2a89897185e68e63a0b1c9a28&id=6ab84370b5&e=744c405380>.
> You'll find two tabs - one for Bristol specific data and a second for
> [...]

Live in Manchester? Want to take action on climate change? Come to a meeting
Tues 25th February 2014 from 6.30pm at the Friends Meeting House.
http://manchesterclimatemonthly.net/about/feb-25th-climate-action-in-manchester/
if you can't come, but want to be involved, please get in touch!
mcmonthly at gmail.com

Manchester Climate Monthly was a print thing, and is a frequently (daily)
updated website -
http://manchesterclimatemonthly.net.
You can subscribe for free, via
http://manchesterclimatemonthly.net/about/subscribe/

MCFly is edited by Marc Hudson (former co-editor Arwa Aburawa has been
demoted to working for Al-Jazeera). Marc Hudson is *NOT* a member of the
Green Party. Or the Lib Dems. Or Labour. Or the Tories. Or the People's
Front of Judea. Never has been a member of any party.  i.e. not a party
animal.