[open-sustainability] Public Consultation on the Data Revolution for Sustainable Development

Jack Townsend jack at jacktownsend.net
Mon Oct 13 09:12:06 UTC 2014

Public Consultation on the Data Revolution for Sustainable Development

<http://unsdsn.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a04105bfca6c4cb8c24ff8680&id=7fb9203df1&e=b3e1f4487e>

 Dear colleagues,

This summer UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon established the Independent
Expert Advisory Group (IAEG)
<http://unsdsn.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a04105bfca6c4cb8c24ff8680&id=82694302cc&e=b3e1f4487e>
to provide concrete recommendations on how to achieve a Data Revolution
for sustainable development. The IEAG report – due in early November –
will be a crucial opportunity to explain how better quality and more
timely data can transform development. The group is also looking for
innovative approaches to data collection, publication, and use.

To solicit input from all communities of practice – particularly
academia – the IAEG is hosting a public consultation
at undatarevolution.org
<http://unsdsn.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a04105bfca6c4cb8c24ff8680&id=5e7afe11de&e=b3e1f4487e>
solicit input into its work until *October 15, 2015. *In spite of the
short notice, we strongly encourage you to submit your ideas and
suggestions for the data revolution. Please share this message widely
and provide your comments on the IEAG website.

Let me take this opportunity to let you know that we will issue an
updated and revised SDSN Indicator Report
<http://unsdsn.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a04105bfca6c4cb8c24ff8680&id=f93652d824&e=b3e1f4487e>
towards
the end of the month. The revised report will update the proposed
indicator framework for the SDGs and explore how high-quality data can
become available annually. If you have comments on the existing draft or
would like more information you can visit unsdsn.org/data
<http://unsdsn.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a04105bfca6c4cb8c24ff8680&id=7ef16ebed7&e=b3e1f4487e>
or
contact us directly at info at unsdsn.org <mailto:info at unsdsn.org>.

Best regards,