[open-sustainability] INVITATION: Transparency International UK roundtable on UK Open Governance research

Adnane Allouaji adnane.allouaji at transparency.org.uk
Mon Feb 16 12:48:11 UTC 2015

Carlos Somohano
Data Science London

INVITATION
UK Open Governance
Transparency International UK research discussion and validation meeting

Mon 2 March 2015, 3pm to 5pm.

Venue: Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
3 More London Riverside
London SE1 2AQ
(London Bridge nearest tube station)

We are delighted to invite you to join us for a research roundtable on open governance in the UK.

Transparency International UK is a carrying out a research assessment based on a pilot Scorecard methodology for open government which includes a range of indicators relating to transparency, accountability, participation and open data. In 2014, we published the 'in law' assessment of UK open governance which is available here www.transparency.org.uk/open<http://www.transparency.org.uk/open> . This research roundtable is being convened to discuss the initial findings of the assessment into the second stage of the research - the 'in practice' assessment. The event will include research presentation and discussion on how effective are the UK's open governance arrangements are in practice. The research draws on a wide range of indicators, questionnaires, surveys and interviews.

The purpose of this pilot stage is to test and refine the standards, with the ultimate aim of developing an internationally comparable scorecard. The pilot research is being carried out in Ghana, Indonesia and Peru in addition to the UK.

We would like to invite you to join this meeting.

I would be grateful if you could confirm your interest in participating in the roundtable by sending an RSVP to adnane.allouaji at transparency.org.uk<mailto:adnane.allouaji at transparency.org.uk>.

Please let me know if you would like any further information at this stage. I do hope that you will be able to join us.

Kind regards

Adnane Allouaji
Research and Policy Intern
Transparency International UK
transparency.org.uk<http://www.transparency.org.uk/> │ Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/transparencyuk> │Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/transparencyuk>
E: adnane.allouaji at transparency.org.uk<mailto:adnane.allouaji at transparency.org.uk>
T: + 44 (0)20 7922 7976
This e-mail transmission and any attachments accompanying it may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. It belongs to the sender and is intended only for the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this information in error, please be advised that its use, disclosure, distribution, copying, printing or action taken on the basis of its contents is strictly prohibited. The views and opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the positions of Transparency International. UK Registered Charity number 1112842.