[Open-transport] Terms of Use

David Alpert, Greater Greater Washington alpert at ggwash.org
Thu Feb 23 22:53:28 UTC 2012

I think a no derivatives CC license might prohibit apps that use the data
because it is a derivative work: it presents the content of they original
work in a different way.

Anyway, CC licenses were not written to apply to data files, but to
creative works. I would not suggest using CC for open data.

In the US you can't copyright databases anyway. I know it is different in
Europe.

David