[Open-transport] OTD Handbook update

Stéphane Guidoin stephane at opennorth.ca
Tue Oct 9 18:19:29 UTC 2012

Ok, I've added some elements about traffic here and there. I think it would
be worth explaning somewhere that until now, most of the experiences which
took place were in the domain of public transportation/transit... thus a
biais in terms of coverage of the topic but other fields should also be
covered.

I also raised a question in the docs but it could be discussed on the
mailing list: should be cover "active" transportation like biking, walking,
etc. From some discussion that I have with cities willing to publish some
data, many are considering bike parking data, bike sharing schemes and so
on. Some elements about walkability/accessibility are also raised.

Steph

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Pieter Colpaert <pieter at irail.be> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It's pretty clear that we won't get our deadline of the first of
> October. Let's procrastinate a bit and move all deadlines 1 month. This
> means the OTD Handbook could get published the first of December.
>
> More updates:
>  * We've got new contributors!
>  * I got a legal IP office to write the from a legal perspective section
>  * iRail (my Belgian organisation) is going to sponsor a graphic
> designer who will take care of the graphic design (for those who have
> met her in Helsinki: Miet)
>
> We still need:
>  * More text! For those who have added their name in the document, can
> you give me an estimate of when it will be done?
>  * A copywriter! I want the text to sound like it has been written by
> one person, in grammatically correct English (that may be a problem for
> all non-native speakers, especially myself). Is someone willing to step
> forward and do this? Or should I search funding for this and hire a
> professional copywriter?
>  * Funding for printing the book and sending it to everyone. A rough
> estimate is €30 per book (all costs included), let's print and
> distribute 500 copies, meaning we need €15000 for this. If we cannot
> find this funding it will, evidentially, become an online book only.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Pieter
> --
> iRail vzw/asbl