[Open-transport] Trnsprt.ch

Stefan Kaufmann transit at shutterworks.org
Wed Oct 24 13:06:15 UTC 2012

Am 24.10.2012 00:55, schrieb Andrew Byrd:

> They are not made to be particularly compact or human-readable so I
> think this is not what you are after. Pieter was referring to a
> different comment I made last weekend. Since several open source trip
> planners have appeared, I was thinking we should avoid fragmentation and
> attempt to standardize on a minimum trip planning API that all systems
> could support to promote interoperability among clients and trip planner
> engines. This would include not only URIs but the response structure.
>
> Is anyone interested in participating in such an effort?

This looks quite interesting. Fox from our local working group hacked
together a departures mini-webapp which simply uses abbreviated OLIF
codes to identify stops, e.g. <http://h.fs-et.de/1010>
This also allows to select sub-platforms of a given stop (e.g.
<http://h.fs-et.de/1010/3>), but is, however, not very human-readable,
either. The code is available at
<https://github.com/UlmApi/departure-times-mobile>

Is there any platform which would allow for collaboratively developing
such a standard?

regards,
-stk