[Open-transport] Building apps with rail data

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Wed Oct 31 11:30:59 UTC 2012

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, Peter Hicks and I were present at the hack days. It was a very
interesting to see the UK atmosphere of volunteers, and to discuss open
transport data with people who made it happen (e.g. Jonathan Raper).

My observation is that we see a lot of similar user interfaces being
coded from scratch in every city and country in Europe. We need
volunteers to work together cross border in the future. That's where an
"apps for europe" can come in.

Kind regards,

Pieter

On 10/31/2012 11:49 AM, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> Thought this might be of interest!
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/oct/29/rail-hack-day-apps?newsfeed=true
>
> --
> Jonathan Gray