[Open-transport] Hafas Raw Data Format to GTFS conversion (Zürich)

Stefan Wehrmeyer stefan.wehrmeyer at okfn.org
Mon May 27 12:34:45 UTC 2013

Dear list,

I was recently approached by someone from Zürich interested in GTFS data.
It turns out the Hafas Raw Data Format is available but no GTFS data and I couldn't find a conversion tool.

The Hafas raw format is a fixed-column text format as described here:
http://labs.rejseplanen.dk/files/Data/HafasFormat.pdf

It's not that easy to parse and building a converter to GTFS is likely not difficult but time consuming.

I found a parser written in C++ that is embedded in another huge project, but it can be a place to start:
https://extranet.rcsmobility.com/svn/synthese3/trunk/src/61_data_exchange/HafasFileFormat.cpp
(However, it may not be the best place to start)

If anyone knows a tool for conversion, please let me know.
If you are interested in writing such a tool, I'm glad to help, but it's not something I can put a lot of effort into right now.

Cheers
Stefan