[Open-transport] The navitia routeplanner is now Free

Tristram Gräbener tristramg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 20:39:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

A little bit more than one year ago, I announced the
http://navitia.ioplatform that uses opendata to expose an easy to use
API.
We had tons of feedback. I led us to rewrite the API to follow the latest
hype.

But on this list, the main question was "will you opensource it ?"
I left Canal TP in the meantime (but we are still friends) but they finally
came to release it under the AGPL licence and seem to shy to brag about it.

The announcement (in French)
http://labs.canaltp.fr/2014/04/navitia-est-opensource/

Some crazy Dutch already made some accepted pull requests and profiled the
code to pinpoint some embarrassing issues.

Tthe source code is here: https://github.com/CanalTP/navitia/

With navitia joining the OTP, RRRR, Synthèse team of FLOSS routing engines
I hope that open transport data will continue to be use more and more.