[Open-transport] SBB - HAFAS --> GTFS Conversion

Patrick Brosi | geOps patrick.brosi at geops.de
Mon Apr 28 13:15:34 UTC 2014

The HAFAS-Converter for the SBB feed is a fork of the converter
developed by Stefan Wehrmeyer a year ago. We fixed some issues with the
HAFAS-format (many byte-positions were incorrect), changed the
generation of trip and route ids and did some other minor modifications.
Additionally, we added auto-generated colors to the feed that resemble
the "official" SBB colors.

However, the converter still is in an alpha stadium and has several
known issues. As Stefan pointed out correctly, frequency-based HAFAS
connections are skipped and, most importantly, each HAFAS-trip maps to a
GTFS trip _and_ a GTFS route. This is because we could not yet find a
reliable mechanism to create "real" GTFS routes without creating id
collisions.

We did not yet check the converter against the HAFAS feed published by
SBB a few days ago, but we will do so this week (I think tomorrow). The
whole script is still work-in-progress and will be heavily updated by us
during the next days.

Patrick
--
web www.geops.de