[Open-transport] Wishes for Open Transit Data

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Tue Apr 21 07:25:21 UTC 2015

Hi Stefan,

Great job!

It's weird that the 5 stars are mentioned, but only the first 2 or 3
stars are taken into account. For GTFS I have been creating Linked GTFS
together with Andrew Byrd: http://vocab.gtfs.org, together with a script
to convert regular gtfs to linked gtfs:
https://github.com/OpenTransport/gtfs-csv2rdf. It's not perfect, but it
does the trick.

The problem is of course: do we want transit agencies to publish data as
linked data today? My answer would be no: it's too early stage and no
one is consuming this yet. Currently there's no need, but this need will
be created when more and more gtfs files are published. It would be
great to link towards Linked GTFS and say that this is how we envision
the future of open transport data :)

Kind regards,

Pieter