[Open-transport] Public transport dataset generator

Pieter Colpaert pieter at openknowledge.be
Thu Jan 5 13:16:38 UTC 2017

Hi all,

In order to benchmark public transport route planners, we need to be
able to have access to datasets with specific properties. Therefore,
instead of trying to find the right open public transport datasets for
our research, we have instead created a dataset generator, which given a
certain number of parameters, created a non-existent transit schedule in
GTFS and in the Linked Connections format:
https://www.npmjs.com/package/podigg-lc

We will use this in future work to benchmark route planning systems. We
already publish it today as it may be useful to someone in this
community already today.

Kind regards,

Pieter (and Ruben Taelman, who created these scripts)

--
http://openknowledge.be
https://hello.irail.be

+32 486 74 71 22