[openbiblio-dev] Exposing as RDF...

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jun 28 07:58:56 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 1:03 AM, William Waites <william.waites at okfn.org>wrote:

> But of course it might be helpful to work with the repository
> itself, i.e. "hg clone http://knowledgeforge.net/pdw/openbiblio/"

 I've now cloned this and got some way through setting this up, but my
python is very primitive. [I like what I see so far but I'm not expert
enough to comment wisely.]

 I've got as far as:

==================
4. Install the application using pip-requirements.txt (assumes local
checkout
   atm)::

    # openbiblio is where checkout is
    pip install -E pyenv-openbiblio openbiblio/pip-requirements.txt

5. Make a config file as follows::

    paster make-config openbiblio development.ini
==================

I think I did 4 OK but it was somewhat blind and in 5 it is complaining that
it cannot find ordf :

pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: ordf

I am new to the python install and may simply have goofed, but it would be
very useful to have documentation for Python newbies. Yes, you can argue
that we shouldn't be running it unless we are on top of it but I can see the
need for small edits that don't need much deep knowledge.

* are there unit tests for the code?
* are there some simple examples for conversion?

What I might lilke to do - with help from William+Ben is to write a module
for converting some of the stuff we are getting in the scientific papers.

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics