[openbiblio-dev] [open-bibliography] British Library data announcement

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Nov 17 21:42:49 UTC 2010

Mark MacGillivray <mark at odaesa.com> wrote:

> This is to notify list members that we have today published a post on
> http://openbiblio.net announcing the British Library release of the
> British National Bibliography dataset.
> Further details on the post:
> http://openbiblio.net/2010/11/17/jisc-openbibliography-british-library-data-release/

Released under CC0! Bravo.

> We are also working on getting the data up in a more useful environment - details to follow very soon.

Excellent. I look forward to this.
What I would like is to be able to easily filter out a dump of books by broad subject
domain, e.g. mathematics or statistics, and then be able to do some serious processing of those
locally. This should be easier to provide than a full API, right? Who to contact to lobby for
priority for such use cases?

Great thanks to all those who contributed to this effort.
--Jim
Jim Pitman
Director, Bibliographic Knowledge Network Project
http://www.bibkn.org/

Professor of Statistics and Mathematics
University of California
367 Evans Hall # 3860