[openbiblio-dev] Changeset page not working

William Waites william.waites at okfn.org
Fri Oct 22 19:50:35 UTC 2010

On 10-10-22 20:21, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
> I go to:
>
> <http://bibliographica.org/changeset>
>
> Then try and click on a changeset, takes me to:
>
> <http://bibliographica.org/changeset?id=http://bibliographica.org/changes/1a277a3e-aa16-11df-a872-12313c018262>

Yes, that is incorrect. It is supposed to go to /graph?uri=...

Unfortunately the JavaScript Fresnel thing takes a *long*
time to render for changesets of moderate size (most of
them).

I think, especially for changesets because they should be
immutable, that this is a place for pre-rendering using
the python fresnel...

Some more recent work suggests a different approach,
however, that avoids reification (which is the part that
turns out to be processor intensive in the browser to
render), actually using graphs for cs:addition and
cs:removal. This has some things in common with EvoPat
from uni-leipzig.

This would mean rejigging the changeset
implementation though, and in any event I actually
dislike having it in the core handler part of ordf
(I often find in more recent projects that I simply
bypass it, which is a good indication that it is in
the wrong place).

-w
--
William Waites           <william.waites at okfn.org>
Mob: +44 789 798 9965    Open Knowledge Foundation

RDF Indexing, Clustering and Inferencing in Python
		http://ordf.org/