[openbiblio-dev] Example Book RDF data from BL, Birth/Death dates, example

Owen Stephens owen at ostephens.com
Tue Oct 26 13:57:13 UTC 2010

This looks OK to me - might be worth a conversation with the Podes Prosjekt people to see if they considered this approach - they eventually went with 'pode:lifespan' so be interesting to understand why they coined this (see http://www.bibpode.no/blogg/?p=1573)

The Deutschen Nationalbibliothek have released author authority data - they've gone a different direction (not using FOAF for a start) which is a bit disappointing. However, worth having a look at I guess - Ed Summers has done some analysis at http://inkdroid.org/journal/

VIAF seems to use the same approach as DNB? - e.g. http://viaf.org/viaf/100229861/rdf.xml

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting