[openbiblio-dev] Bibliographic models in RDF

Ben O'Steen bosteen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 14:48:43 UTC 2010

I've written a quick blog post outlining three different models for
holding the same bibliographic information in RDF -
http://openbiblio.net/2010/09/10/bibliographic-models-in-rdf/

Bruce D'Arcus points out that the model should suit the purpose in a
comment he left, and I do agree. However, my usecase is reuse by the
wider community.

Would a FRBR-like output be of most use, as long as real URIs are given
to the volume/issue level nodes?

Would multiple representations be confusing or useful? eg for each
record/work, there can be a dereference-able URI for a bibo graph, a
frbr/fabio graph and even a dc/prism graph for that work.

Ben