[openbiblio-dev] query to bibliographica.org

Primavera De Filippi primavera.defilippi at okfn.org
Tue Apr 5 16:13:06 UTC 2011

Hi all,

at the Public Domain WG, we are currently in the process of re-writting
publicdomainworks.net so that it directly queries the Bibliographica
database instead of using its own database.
Ideally we would need a JSON output, since this is what our Public Domain
Calculators use.

In order to proceed, we would need the following information:

(1) Is it possible to directly query the database to only retrieve metadata
concerning those works which fulfill the search criteria, i.e. author /
title / date / country / etc.  If so, how can we do that?

(2) Is it possible to get access to the SPARQL wrapper at
bibliographica.org/sparql ?   If so, how can we retrieve JSON output from
there?

(3) do you think you would benefit from a python application that would
convert Bibliographica metadata into JSON format?
If so,where can we find proper documentation of the data format used by the
Bibliographica database.

Looking forward to your answer,
Primavera