[openbiblio-dev] bnb/Bibliographica namespace again

Tatiana de la O tatiana.delao at okfn.org
Mon Apr 18 10:35:08 UTC 2011

Ey there:

So, the more and more I understand how our data is structured, the
clearer it becomes that we need to modify our current setup.

What I have gathered so far is that:

* We are providing URIs to the British National Library because they
don't want or can't host their data. So in an ideal world the uris we
see as http://bnb.bibliographica.org/entry/GBA0V5805 will be
http://www.bl.uk/rdfsomething/entry/GBA0V5805

* This dataset of the BNL should be maintained as a source, and
connected to other datasets but not changed. Changing will imply to add
more triples to the graph, like for example adding new tags.

* Our website bibliographica.org does not have any own records, just
bnb.bibliographica.org records. In the future we will add other datasets
(i.e. the dbpedia authors?) and those are going to be hopefully external
(i.e. http://dbpedia.org/Resource/Charles_Dickens ) and also read-only.

Because of that, I think that:

* We need to have our own data realm, so we can make relationships
between all this read only datasets (i.e. this record in the BNL is
about a translation of this author from the Wikipedia dataset)

* Every external graph we add, be it
http://bnb.bibliographica.org/entry/GBA0V5805 or
http://dbpedia.org/page/War_and_Peace, should generate our own
bibiliographica object, or link to an already existing object. This
objects are the ones we should see in the bibliographica site and edit,
dedup, tag.

What do you think about this?

Cheers

Tatiana