[openbiblio-dev] collating a list of researcher IDs

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Wed Aug 31 04:36:12 UTC 2011

  Mark MacGillivray writes

> We would like to put together a list of identifiers that might
> describe a researcher. Could you all please reply to the list with any
> researcher IDs you can think of, an example of where it might be used,
> and a suggested simple key for that example?
>
> "identifier":{
>     "researcherid": "B-7723-2009"
> }
>
> so researcherid is a useful key for Researcher IDs from researcherid.com.
>
> and this can be used here:
>
> http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-7723-2009
>

> Any more would be greatly appreciated!

  I am not sure I follow your request. There are researcher documents
  claims available against bibliographic data in the OKFN sponsored
  (but running out of disk space) 3lib.org project. You can regard
  these claims are researcher identification records. These are
  available at ftp://authorclaim.org.  License is CC0. I think you
  should be working with these is a matter of priority because they
  are freely reusable.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                      http://authorprofile.org/pkr1