[openbiblio-dev] Tutorial on BibJSON

Mark MacGillivray mark at odaesa.com
Sat Dec 17 13:35:46 UTC 2011

hi peter,

Jim and I have been discussing this a bit, and we are thinking there
may be value in having a sort-of tier approach to bibjson.

First tier would be - key/value pairs in JSON (as per
http://bibserver.okfn.org/bibjson/overview)
Second tier would be - some values are objects (such as author, journal)
Third tier would be - using namespaces e.g. dc:contributor as keys

However I do not think these tiers should be hierarchical - e.g.
having namespaces is not necessarily "better" than not - it is just
another example of how you might convey some information to others.

The latest bibjson spec is at:

http://bibserver.okfn.org/bibjson/specs/v0-82/