[openbiblio-dev] Tutorial on BibJSON

Mark MacGillivray mark at odaesa.com
Sat Dec 17 16:15:22 UTC 2011

Yes.

As in, a basic representation of authors would be:

"author":"Mark and Peter and Karen"

But an improvement would be:

"author":["Mark","Peter","Karen"]

and if you want more info just do:

"author":[{"name":"Mark"},{"name":"Peter"},{"name":"Karen"}]

plus if you want namespaced keys:

"ns:author":[{"name":"Mark"},{"name":"Peter"},{"name":"Karen"}]

When bibtex or JSON is imported into a bibserver instance (such as
bibsoup.net) the parsers will create the third option - author is a
list of objects, thus author objects can easily be extended with other
info.

Mark