[openbiblio-dev] U1DB Technical Preview - maybe interesting for BiBServer

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Dec 22 17:35:41 UTC 2011

Etienne Posthumus <eposthumus at gmail.com> wrote:

> U1DB is a database API for synchronised databases of JSON documents
> http://voices.canonical.com/ubuntuone/?p=1342

This is very timely and may be very important for us.
I suggest someone, either you or Mark, should follow the
U1DB mailing list https://launchpad.net/~u1db-discuss,
alert this list to the potential for using U1DB for bib data and BibServer integration.
Hopefully we can find some programmers on this list who may be willing to code up some demos
for us.

A question for the U1DB list is what user interface tools they have in mind for managing local JSON stores,
and to what extent these tools would come with the U1DB.

> Posting it here as a heads-up for future reference. Is there a better
> place to note these kinds of "look into it at some stage" thoughts for
> BibServer dev from a tech perspective?

Mark is supporting a planning area on the website which would be suitable.
Mark please can you advise how best to use?

with seasons greatings to all

--Jim

Jim Pitman
Professor of Statistics and Mathematics