[openbiblio-dev] bibliographica.org and the iisg.nl

Tatiana de la O tatiana.delao at okfn.org
Sun Feb 13 14:59:00 UTC 2011

Beste Eric:

I don't know if you remember me, we met while working on the website of
the http://www.vakbewegingindeoorlog.nl/ last year.

I am currently working with the Open Knowledge Foundation[1] in their
project to link bibliographic data in rdf bibliographica.org [2] where
we want to add all kind of resources for scholars to index materials,
references, reading lists, sources, etc.

For more info on the background and goals of the project (currently
quite beta!) you can see [3].

All this projects are bound under the OpenBiblio Principles [4] that
maybe the IISG would like to adhere to...

Now... I am really interested on the iisg API! I've been browsing it and
we would like to test our MARC importing scripts on them, but the
license of the metadata of the IISG is not clear (at least not in the
api interface) [5].

Do you think the license could be compatible with the open data
principles? That would make possible for us to link our dataset to
yours, and we will provide the iisg data along with our data, i.e.
adding more sources / locations / metadata from the iisg.

Do you provide database dumps, or just the web api?

Please let me know if you want to talk more about this projects, I could
always drop by the IISG, I've been wanting to check the Madres de Plaza
de Mayo archives for a while...

I think we could provide showcasing of your collections, backups, and
also more related records (our database is currently storing 137 million
triples, but this is just the start!)

Thanks

Tatiana

[1] http://okfn.org/