[openbiblio-dev] copy vs import of remote data

William Waites ww at styx.org
Sun Mar 20 23:38:44 UTC 2011

* [2011-03-20 21:42:54 -0000] Dan Sheppard <dan.sheppard at caret.cam.ac.uk> écrit:

] Thanks for this, William: it will be really useful for COMET. You're right
] re copying and importing. I should get back to looking at this import this
] week with Ed, and we will have a go!

I've updated the docs and the development.ini template, the
important lines are,

  ordf.edit = ['s@^http://.*bibliographica.org/@http://localhost:5000/@']
  ontosrv.base = http://localhost:5000/
  ontosrv.default_lens = http://localhost:5000/lens/bibo

for a localhost development environment, obviously change
the localhost:5000 to a real domain for production use. It
seems to work fine in my development environment, I've also
removed quite a few references to bibliographica.org in
the code where they were hard-wired in. Current version is
running on the live site, seemingly well.

We really need to do something about the presentation of
accounts though, looking at long strings of hexadecimal
numbers instead of pretty usernames makes my eyes water.

Let me know how it goes when you try it out, and feel
free to drop by in irc (#okfn on irc.oftc.net) if you have
any trouble or quick questions, either I or acracia or
rgrp will be able to help you out.

Cheers,
-w
--