[openbiblio-dev] Overlap between Bibliographica and Europeana?

Deliot, Corine Corine.Deliot at bl.uk
Tue May 17 13:37:51 UTC 2011

Hi Antoine

There shouldn't be any overlap between the dataset we've given to
Bibliographica and the content you have in Europeana.

The dataset Bibliographica has is the BNB - the British National
Bibliography which records the publishing activity of the United Kingdom
and the Republic of Ireland since 1950.
http://www.bl.uk/bibliographic/natbib.html

The datasets that we contributed to Europeana shouldn't overlap because
sound is out of scope for BNB; the dataset we contributed to the
European Library Reading Europe virtual exhibition was pre-1950 and the
images from Collect Britain were also out of scope for BNB.

Hope this helps.

Best, Corine