[openbiblio-dev] github

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 18:50:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Peter Murray-Rust <pm286 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> We are thinking of using Github as a communal tool for managing Open
> Bibliography, with each contributing BibSoup having its own Github node.
> IIRC the BO paper was authored on Github - we'd be very grateful for a
> summary of the pros and cons of GH for communal authoring of resoureces. In
> this case we would be authoring JSON. (I have noted that there is a eGit
> editor for Eclipse - do you know of other tools?)

The egit plugin enriches Eclipse with knowledge about git
repositories, and allows you to download and upload commits (as well
as branch and the sorts...)

Regarding a JSON-syntax aware editors, I ran into this editor earlier this week:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipsejsonedit/

But I have not tried it yet.

Peter, I do not know what you mean with a GitHub node? Like with
BitBucket, you still need a shared remote repository, or at least,
that's the easiest way to share changes with a lot of people...

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen
Postdoctoral Researcher