[openbiblio-dev] Some updates

Mark MacGillivray mark.macgillivray at okfn.org
Tue Oct 4 08:20:26 UTC 2011

I would be happy to bring the discussion onto the list, if Jim wants
to move it from the google doc.

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 8:55 AM, William Waites <ww at styx.org> wrote:
> Also I wonder if you guys have been following the JSON-LD work and if it
> is still a goal of BibJSON to keep it compatible.

We are not presently following JSON-LD as the decision earlier in the
Summer was just to make bibjson as simple as possible.

> On ordering constraints, you are right that JSON specifies an unordered
> set of keys. However nothing stops things like BibJSON from recommending
> a certain ordering, and there are serialisers and parsers that will
> preserve this ordering. See parallel discussion at:
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-linked-json/2011Oct/0014.html

Yes, this is one of the points I made on the google doc - the object
in a file can appear in any order one wishes to write it into the
file. If we so desire, we can specify that a bibjson file should
contain an object with keys in a certain order.

Mark