[openbiblio-dev] [bibserver] changing handling of collections from frontend to get them working properly again now that collections are stored as separate objects (937d3e2)

William Waites ww at styx.org
Sun Oct 9 10:39:05 UTC 2011

On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 11:31:45 +0100, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> said:

    rufus> Why? Why would collections belong to another collection?
    rufus> (I'm not saying this is a bad idea just I'd like to see the
    rufus> underlying user story for this ...)

I don't know Mark's motivation, but I think that journals,
anthologies, etc are kinds of collections. Since they can themselves
be part of collections it makes sense. Whether this is a special case
two-level thing, or we allow users to build matrioshka dolls is
another question.

-w