[openbiblio-dev] Multilingual matters in BibJSON

Mark MacGillivray mark.macgillivray at okfn.org
Thu Apr 5 10:25:49 UTC 2012

Hi Christian,

Thanks a lot for joining the list.

On Apr 5, 2012 4:28 AM, "Christian Wittern" <cwittern at gmail.com> wrote:
> Although it might look like a nuisance now, it will be much easier to
take the necessary steps for this at an early stage, rather than having to
redesign a successful system later on.

Agreed.

> So please, reconsider allowing multilingual objects as suggested in the
JSON-LD specification!

Previous discussions at our March sprint led those of us present to believe
that adopting JSON-LD would also be suitable for other issues we have, so
it is interesting that you also recommend it for the languages issue. The
only reason I have not written more about this on our blog yet is that I
was hoping to hear back from the JSON-LD list with some feedback for our
group before recommending, but I have not had a response yet. Are you able
to give us confirmation that the JSON-LD approach would be suitable to
solve language issues for your use cases?

> I had to give these two yen, since I have seen this mistake made so often
and really don't want to see it again, but of course you are completely
free to ignore this peace of advice:-)

Your comments are appreciated, and I hope to hear more from you - thanks
for the help!

Mark