[openbiblio-dev] Hackathon update

Naomi Lillie naomi.lillie at okfn.org
Fri Apr 20 08:41:15 UTC 2012

All,

(Please excuse cross-posting)

Further to the e-mail about our proposed Hackathon, 12th-14th June 2012,
please see below for some more information.

*If you are interested in coming, please respond as we would appreciate a
'show of hands'* - this isn't 'I will be attending', just 'I am interested'
or even 'I know someone who would be up for this' - it helps us know what
to book in terms of size of venue, number of biscuits, plug sockets
required, etc etc!

Note - all these details are to be confirmed and input is welcome - only
the dates are set:

-------
Schedule:
* Tues: Meet-up at a pub, say 17.00 - 20.00 (this is not a mandatory part
of the Hackathon but is an opportunity to talk about Open Data with
like-minded individuals);
* Weds: Hack Day 1, start 10.00, be fed and watered, and stay overnight for
those who want to;
* Thurs: Hack Day 2, start 10.00, be fed and watered and head off around
16.30-17.00.

Venue: likely to be Queen Mary University
University of London
Mile End Road
London
E1 4NS

Groups involved:
* Open Biblio <http://openbiblio.net/> - emphasising the utilisation of
tools we've developed;
* Open Knowledge Foundation's Working Group on Open Data in Cultural
Heritage and GLAM <http://openglam.org/>;
* DevCSI <http://devcsi.ukoln.ac.uk/> - encouraging diverse thinking around
software development and technical innovation.
-------

Nearer the time I'll get back in touch to ask about overnight
accommodation, dietary requirements, access requirements and so on, but in
the meantime please respond if you want to be counted in.

Thanks,
Naomi

--
Naomi Lillie
Foundation Administrator and Community Coordinator (Open Bibliography)