[openbiblio-dev] TEXTUS Metadata

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Wed Apr 25 12:23:52 UTC 2012

Dear All,

Tom Oinn developer for TEXTUS <http://textusproject.org> just posted the
following to the humanities-dev list. I imagine many of you may have ideas
about this especially as we want to integrate BibServer with TEXTUS

---

I've been looking around for current metadata schemes for texts, the
NCBI/NLM have a fairly comprehensive set of XML forms for data and
metadata in books defined at http://dtd.nlm.nih.gov/book/tag-library/
and after having a look I'm inclined to take at least some of its
elements and use a JSONified version in Textus.

Textus has an extensible model for semantic annotations and structure
indicators but we need a base set (we're calling this the 'textus
basic profile') and the above seems like a good option. Anyone have
any experience with it?

---
Cheers,
Sam