[openbiblio-dev] Project write-up

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 23 17:10:18 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Tom Morris <tfmorris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Naomi Lillie <naomi.lillie at okfn.org>
> wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > The write-up of the JISC Open Biblio 2 project is now live:
> > http://openbiblio.net/2012/08/23/final-report-jisc-open-bibliography-2/
> >
> > Thanks to you all for your input in making this such a success!
>
> Thanks for the summary.  What happens next?  Is there any follow-on
> work planned?  The "future work" section seems to talk about work in a
> different space ("open science").

I personally am looking for any source which might use it. For me - who
can't now apply for research grants I am looking to promote its use in
managing metrics for  research funding and trying to interest funders. I am
also looking to seee if the VIVO community might take it up.

> I also had two questions based on a quick skim of the linked blog posts:
>
> 1. Pubcrawler has harvested 10M bibliographic records - where are they
> located? Are they updated regularly?
> http://openbiblio.net/2012/06/13/pubcrawler-finding-research-publications/

This is very important. I don't think it's regular but I want to explore
BiomedCentral as a new publisher. I talked with them yesterday and I plan
to visit shortly and present to them.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics