[openbiblio-dev] Open Biblio call tomorrow

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 7 18:53:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Naomi Lillie <naomi.lillie at okfn.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> At last week's meeting it was decided that it is useful to keep these
> meetings weekly during this busy stage of the project, so there is another
> catch-up call tomorrow (Wednesday 8th February). Please join us at 16.00
> GMT using the Etherpad http://openbiblio.okfnpad.org/catchup - all
> welcome, please navigate here at this time and I will Skype call those
> present.

I shan't be able to make it...

Note that we has an Openbiblio meeting today with AdrianP, Naomi, MarkMcg
and myself.  My guess is that Wed will cover quite a lot of the ground of
today which is basically:

Adrian and others have done a great job on promoting the release of Open
biblio. The German National Bibliography (?) is available in RDF as CC0.
Mark will have a look at at - maybe it's easy to convert to BibJSON - but
anyway we should work with the suppliers to create BibJSON - this is a
really clear example of why BJ is useful.

Mark and the team continue to make developments daily. I am awestruck. I
help by finding bugs (one of my skills). I think the first stage of BibSoup
is now clear - it's straightforward for many people to set up a Bibserver -
and it's eevn easier to upload to Mark's server.

We see Open-bib as a centrepiece of our Open Science/Access efforts (see
open-science and open-access). The interactive breakthrough will come (I
think) when we can easily annotate records (I am thinking by adding new
fields).

P.

The next call will be on the 15th Feb.

> Regards,
> Naomi
>
> --
> Naomi Lillie
> Foundation Administrator and Community Coordinator (Open Bibliography)
> Open Knowledge Foundation
> http://okfn.org/
> Skype: n.lillie

Peter Murray-Rust