[openbiblio-dev] BibJSON vs RDF

Mark MacGillivray mark at odaesa.com
Wed Feb 8 20:09:15 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Tom Morris <tfmorris at gmail.com> wrote:
> All I'm proposing is that the group put a stake in the ground as to
> what the tactical use of BibJSON is in supporting the strategic goals
> of the Open Bibliography group.  Actually it's probably really a
> question for the general list, not the dev list.

1. Internal format for BibServer

yes

2. API format for BibServe

yes

3. New standard for personal bibliographies (ie alternative to BibTeX, RIS, etc)

it's possible - if what we do is useful and others want to use it, so
be it. If they don't, I have no strong desire to force the standard,
but it is within scope to promote this idea.

4. New standard for library bibliographic data (ie alternative to
MARC, MARC.next, LLD RDF)

something for librarians to decide, beyond my area. but presumably
also depends on demonstration of usefulness (either that or politics)

5. All of the above plus format for author data, data set
descriptions, weather forecasts, etc

no.

Mark