[openbiblio-dev] First cut of AsyncUpload branch

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 10 09:57:28 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Mark MacGillivray <mark at odaesa.com> wrote:

> > Sounds brilliant. convert.bibsoup.net would be great. I'm even
> > wondering whether our importer should in fact use that i.e.
> > import.bibsoup.net is a client of convert.bibsoup.net. Going down that
> > line are there any thoughts on the API (should be pretty simple i
> > imagine).
>
> Yes, we currenlty expose the parsers at /parse, but they are not used
> directly by the system. But we should be setting that up as the way to
> go - import calls convert.
>
> Great work Etienne,

I agree. I am not a Pythonista but I can feel the technology gathering
critical mass. We do the same sort of thing in out chemistry tools - import
calls parse. But you have to expect poeple to submit all sorts of
mislabelled stuff and non-standard stuff so the error trapping and
reporting has to be clear.

We often grow by aggregating functionality in an opportunistic manner.

P.

> Mark
>

> > Rufus
> >
> >> This feature is not set in stone yet, and on a separate branch.
> >> If you can read Python code, please take a look and send any feedback.
> >>
> >> cheers,
> >>
> >> Etienne

> > --
> > Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation
> > Promoting Open Knowledge in a Digital Age
> > http://www.okfn.org/ - http://blog.okfn.org/

Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry