[openbiblio-dev] BibJSON Validator?

Etienne Posthumus eposthumus at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:06:38 UTC 2012

On 15 February 2012 19:40, Tom Morris <tfmorris at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a BibJSON validator available (or planned)?  I'm thinking of
> something along the lines of the W3C validators for various types of
> markup: http://validator.w3.org/

While not a validator per se, we do plan on having an identity parser
for BibJSON as one of the standard parsers.
(rudimentary version at:
https://github.com/okfn/bibserver/blob/asyncupload/parserscrapers_plugins/bibjson)
We could build on that to add some validation actions, to determine if
input is 'valid' for a given value of valid.
Right now this simply checks that it is well-formed JSON.

We could build a thin layer on top of the bibsoup parser that acts as
a validator. Or make another parserplugin that does not do an identity
parse but parses valid BibJSON input into an HTML (or other structured
text) document listing conformance.

> Conversely, is there a suite of BibJSON test documents that all
> BibJSON parsers should be able to process in a conformant manner a la
> https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/tree/master/test-suite

We only have some small files in:
https://github.com/okfn/bibserver/tree/master/test/data
but this can be extended with more. Good idea.