[openbiblio-dev] First cut of AsyncUpload branch

Etienne Posthumus etienne.posthumus at okfn.org
Thu Feb 16 10:47:18 UTC 2012

On 15 February 2012 16:57, Edmund Chamberlain <emc59 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Should accept stdin. JSON seems valid but does
> not upload to bibsoup. Getting a 'unicode' object has no attribute 'get'.
> I'm not familar with the JSON module, but am wondering if I need to be more
> explicit about headers...

Noted in the issue tracker:
https://github.com/okfn/bibserver/issues/146#issuecomment-3998287

The very first item in the JSON list is an empty string, causing the
BibServer import machinery to fail.
If you would like to test it, just remove that line manually.
See:
{
   "records" : [
      "",
      {
         "identifiers" : [
            {
               "type" : "local",

I have added a check to the BibServer code, this case will work in future.

Also,  the fields prefixed with dc: namespaces are not recognised and
displayed nicely when imported (eg. dc:title). Not sure if we should
map that in BibServer.