[openbiblio-dev] Open Metadata Handbook - case studies ?

Jim Pitman pitman at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Feb 20 17:27:59 UTC 2012

Primavera De Filippi <pdefilippi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> the Open Metadata Handbook (
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Open_Metadata_Handbook) is currently looking
> for case studies to illustrate the use of Open Metadata in bibliographic
> context. We are looking for 2 kinds of case studies:
> 1. Open Metadata case studies:
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Open_Metadata_Handbook/Open_Metadata#Case_studies

The first thing I find here is http://obd.jisc.ac.uk/examples  which looks like a great start.
-- what is the current source format of this table?
-- who owns/controls this table?
-- how it can be edited ?
To eat some of our own dogfood, this table should be machine generated from machine-readable source data, preferably BibJSON.
This is just a list of links with descriptions, tagged by use case. Title anchors for the links would be a desirable additional attribute, to facilitate alternate displays.
Also, the central html description in this table should accomodate hyperlinks to entities like e.g. "CERN" and "CC0" which are referenced but not hyperlinked.
I'm willing to help with upgrading and extending the table. But I'd like at least one more person of like mind to volunteer to assist.
Any volunteers?

--Jim

Jim Pitman
Professor of Statistics and Mathematics