[openbiblio-dev] bibjson -request for feedback

Mark MacGillivray mark.macgillivray at okfn.org
Tue Feb 21 19:56:18 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Jim Pitman <pitman at stat.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Mark, can you comment on the risks? Main one I see is
> 1) short term loss of dev time mapping the present spec to LD (short term, can you estimate that),

I do not estimate losing any dev time on this. I am not suggesting we
map the present spec to LD. I am saying that when LD is required, all
that is necessary is to drop in the necessary bits and pieces as
specified in JSON-LD. All we need to do to enable this is drop our use
of "namespace" key from our current convention, and link to the
JSON-LD spec.

> 2) long term friction from unpacking the LD to get at the data programmatically for various
> purposes.

JSON-LD contexts are added to a JSON record. If someone adds context
information and you don't want it, just ignore it. Otherwise, access
the keys you do want as normal.

Mark