[openbiblio-dev] installation problems

William Waites ww at styx.org
Thu Jan 19 21:03:31 UTC 2012

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:12:40 -0300, rich hardy <ontouser at gmail.com> said:

    > Hi, *formatting edit* I'm still having a couple of issues.  Does
    > openbiblio use rdflib 3.2 or 2.4?

As I recall, this went back and forth a little bit. ORDF is able to
use either, and this is because we needed to keep support for
inferencing and things like that that wanted to use FuXi and an old
branch of 2.4.1 called layercake. But openbiblio is indeed intended to
use the 3.X rdflib, but it hasn't been tested with 3.2 (or possibly
even 3.1) but only 3.0 I believe.

However, I think we only really used this with a foreign back-end like
virtuoso or 4store. So when handler.query gets called, which is in
ORDF, it passes that along to the remote SPARQL endpoint, which means
it doesn't touch rdflib's SPARQL.

So if you want to use rdflib's own SPARQL with a native storage you'll
need to do the magic incantation to register the plugins from extras,
as outlined here: https://code.google.com/p/rdflib/wiki/IntroSparql
somewhere convenient in the call stack. Then it *should* work, but
it's not well tested.

Cheers,
-w