[openbiblio-dev] Feedback on my BibJSON record

Tom Morris tfmorris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 18:20:53 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Mark MacGillivray <mark at cottagelabs.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Sylvain Hellegouarch <
> sylvain.hellegouarch at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> 2013/2/21 Karen Coyle <kcoyle at kcoyle.net>
>>
>>> I'm not by any means a JSON expert, but doesn't JSON allow use of utf-8?
>>> Was "Biblioth\u00e8que" used mainly because of sending this in email?
>>>
>>> kc
>>

>> Might be. I can't recall the exact serialization. I will have to look it
>> up.
>>

> It does. I just assumed that was what the raw data looked like.

JSON supports full Unicode (UTF-8 by default) in strings, but it also
allows (but does not require) the \uNNNN notation.  You can also see
escaped newlines (\n) in the dc:publisher field.

Speaking of the publisher field, there are three things that catch my eye
as needing improvement:

1. dc:publisher should be "Seuil" and not include publication place and
year  "Paris\n : Seuil\n, 1986",
2. the author's name is not in natural order "Palom\u00e9ra, Marie-France
de"
3. the title should be  "Princesse Finemouche" not "Princesse Finemouche /
Babette Cole #59; [trad. par] Marie-France de Palom\u00e9ra",

It also seems strange that the author Babette Cole is not included anywhere
and that the translator is listed as the author.

I'm not a BibJSON expert, so Mark can provide a more authoritative opinion,
but those seem off to me.

Tom