[openbiblio-dev] Bibserver Status

Joe Corneli holtzermann17 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 11:13:10 UTC 2014

Hi Nicolas:

Now would be a good time for me to announce my presumptive status as the
new maintainer for BibServer.  I've been speaking with Jim Pitman about
this, and quietly making efforts to organize the various BibServer
versions into a new release.

So far this has been slow as I was finishing revisions to my PhD thesis
and beginning my postdoc, but I think that the efforts will now take on
a consistent pace: around 10-20 hours a week of work on Bibserver and
related projects.

Specifically, I'm planning to integrate BibServer and Planetary
(PlanetMath's software, based on Drupal and LaTeXML) and collaborate
with Mitar Milutinovic and Jim Pitman to add BibServer features into
PeerLibrary.  We're also planning demos in mathematical biology,
probability, and public domain mathematics texts.  I'll aim to post
updates about any major milestones here.

You can find my record of up-to-date installation instructions here:
http://holtzermann17.github.io/skelodml/bibserver-setup.html
(NB. for dev rather than production.)

There's also a (low-traffic) mailing list that is focused on BibServer
stuff, currently by invitation only:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/bibserver
Please let me know if you'd like to join that.

I've also created an issue tracker here:
https://github.com/holtzermann17/bibserver/issues
So I'd ask you to use that to report issues or ask for help.
Of course, pull requests are welcome too.

Note, if anyone objects to these plans, has further suggestions, or
would like to co-maintain the system, please say!

Joe

PS.  Stay in touch!