[openbiblio-dev] Bibserver Status

Alexander Garcia Castro alexgarciac at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 22:14:56 UTC 2014

Go for it, having such resource would be just wonderful. I tried
bibsonomy but.... little support, lack of real source code, lots of
difficulties and little really achieved. I actually thought that
Zotero was open source but I have not been able to confirm that -I
have not been able to the the actual code.

I am willing to help in developing that kind of systems. I would
really like to see an open source type of mendeley.

On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 7:40 PM, Nicholas Cole <nicholas.cole at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I'm currently looking in to deploying a system that would allow users
> to share and review bibliographies.
>
> I've come across bibserver, which seems to do much of what I need.
>
> http://bibserver.berkeley.edu
> https://github.com/okfn/bibserver
>
> However, this blog post suggests that there were some dramatic changes
> to the code base and then (if the comment at the end is right)
> development pretty much stopped.
>
> http://openbiblio.net/2013/01/11/a-revamp-of-bibserver-and-bibsoup/
>
> I can see there is not much traffic on this list.  Is Bibserver
> deprecated, or should I go ahead and use it?  If development on it has
> ceased, is there a replacement people can recommend?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Nicholas

Alexander Garcia
http://www.alexandergarcia.name/